Happy 100th Birthday Frank Sinatra!
He was, and still is, one of the best-selling music artists of all time, shaping and influencing 20th century music like no other. Today would have been his 100th birthday, so we wanted to pay homage to such a star with his very own blog post. Here's some interesting, random and unknown facts about one of our all time favourite jazz singer. To celebrate Sinatra's 100th birthday, sing along with our Frank Sinatra online playlist!
1. His parents were grape growers from Italy who migrated to America.
2. He never learned to read music, but learned music by ear instead.
3. Sinatra didn't serve in WWII as he was classified 4-F, not acceptable for military service, due to a perforated eardrum.
4. His complete full name is Francis Albert Sinatra.
5. One of his first ever jobs was as a singing waiter!
6. He was often linked to Mafia gangsters and referred to them as friends.
7. He won 9 Grammy awards as well as 3 Academy awards.
8. His nickname was "Ol' Blue Eyes."
9. He married 4 times.
10. His daughter Nancy is a model and even posed for Playboy at the age of 50.
Share this post: